Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 187

Thread: 2007 football schedules

  1. #61
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Wasn't there some type of freak play in that game, didn't PV fumble a kick or something?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #62
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    If i remember it had something to do with a puntruturn and a Monsoon......BGJ had a brother on that Haysi team so I am sure he can fill us in more

  3. #63
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I went to the game in 93...PV made alot of mistakes..it was a mudhole..factor in that the OL had 2-3 really poor players, they weren't going any further than that week anyways...but a loss is a loss...and Haysi was better than PV that year...yeah Counts is right...a punt return beat PV.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #64
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Hard to believe that was 14 years ago.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #65
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that p.r. in the last couple minutes of the game? I listened to it on the radio. I think it was a 14-7 type game. I've got a few friends who said they were just getting to their cars to leave when they turned on the radio to hear what happened.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #66
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I don't think it was really late...seems like the 3rd quarter...I think that game went out 12-7.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #67
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I've just heard stories, my family had just moved here and we didn't start watching high school sports until 1994.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #68
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Both Powell Valley and Haysi have had some great teams.

    I think a lot of people are used to the LPD dominating Region D football. The BDD has had some some success with Haysi and Honaker as well. But, I really think the new CMD is going to be much stronger that some realize. We could very well see CMD dominating Division 2 football.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  9. #69
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    In 1994 Lee beat PV 36 to 22 and PV also lost to Richlands like 30 to 13. PV went on after that to win state.

    In 1999 when Wise upset PV, even though I was only 11 or 12, I remember a lot of people figured it'd be a massacre. The first touchdown, Wise threw a long pass and the receiver caught it and no one was covering him and it was a touchdown.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  10. #70
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I wouldn't count on it...and I don't consider a team great until they bring home a state championship...district and region d crowns are nice lil accomplishments...but the ultimate goal is a state crown...that is the qualifier for a great team.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •